Sunday, March 11, 2018

March card show spoils

This post might take as quick to write as it did to go through the show.   I spent just under an hour at the monthly card show yesterday, and didn't spend a lot of $$.

I did put a small dent in a couple of want lists though.  The first being '59 Topps.



Ever since hitting the 400 card plateau for this set, I've been on a bit of a buying binge trying to knock down the want list even further.  These 10 I picked up for $21, not too bad, and I believe the Bob Allison card is the last one I need for the Rookie Stars subset.  I'll check on that later today.

I only picked up one other card that was on one of my want lists, and for $7 I was happy to bring home a 2nd year Mike Schmidt card.


A bit off center, which I seem to be finding is more of the norm for '74 Topps, but still a really nice card at a good price so I'm happy.

To round off the total to $30, I found a $2 card which for me was the steal of the show.


A 62/63 Parkhurst Bob Pulford card in really nice shape!!  I don't normally look for vintage hockey, or Maple Leafs cards at this show, but seeing this card in this dealer's bins shocked me. Needless to say I didn't hesitate in putting it in my pile. 

Outside of the $30 at that table, the only other cards I bought were out of a 7 for $5 bin.  Nothing earth shattering, but it's stuff that can be used as trade bait...


Blue parallel of Mike Trout from last year's Bunt, I'm sure someone out there might want it.  Young Guns for less than a buck are always a good pickup, and I'm enjoying the MVP die cut parallels. Sean Monahan is an up and comer who I really like.


Less than a buck, yea this was an easy pickup for the Ichiro PC.  Haven't bought much for any of my PCs lately, so this was a no brainer.

Quick and painless, for less than the cost of 2 blasters.   Moving on....

Thanks for reading,  Robert

4 comments:

  1. Nice hockey pickups ... especially that Parkhurst. I'm with you, Monahan is a really fun player to watch, heck the Flames are a really fun team to watch regardless! I dig those 59 Senators cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 1959 Topps Sporting News subset card of Allison is awesome! Love that Schmidt 2nd year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! Love the Ichiro in particular -- the parallels in Fire certainly make for thrilling cards.

    ReplyDelete