Thursday, December 21, 2017

Some low numbered vintage for your viewing pleasure

During my last purchase of cards from COMC, an endeavor that lasted a few weeks, I was already planning my New Year's Day 2018 blog post.  I'm shooting big next year and focusing a bit more on my vintage sets, but I don't want to give too much away now.

I never really bought a whole lot of vintage on COMC, as I've stuck mostly with newer cards for my PCs or some modern set building projects. 

The 15 cards I'm showing tonight showed me that you can get some decent stuff (not great, but decent) at reasonable prices on the site.


The majority of my '59 purchases have  been from card shows.  I'm certainly pleased with what showed up in my latest order online.


They are all in decent shape, right around VG which is what I'm looking for in my set.  I still need just over 200 more to complete the set, which is better than I ever imagined when I started putting it together.   The "moving on to other projects" guy in me has stuck with this set, largely because of it's beauty.  Maybe by 2020 I'll have it done and ready to show on the blog (yes, I'm planning to still blog then).


More cards numbered below 100, this time from the '68T set.  Everything you see on the blog tonight was less than a buck, with a few of them costing me less than 50 cents.


74 cents for this league leaders card wasn't too bad, even if my scan of the card is. 


The salmon backed '69T set is one that I've been hunting on ebay; I'm looking for a reasonably priced lot of cards to put a bit of a dent into the want list.  Most of the lots I find are over $100 in price, which is not what I'm willing to spend right now.  I'll keep hunting...

How many different colors of caps have the White Sox had over the years?

Boy I couldn't tell you when the last time I purchased a '70T card was.  Maybe early this year?  These were all less than 50 cents each, so that gave me an excuse to put the trio in my cart.

Maybe after seeing some of these scans tonight one of my resolutions should be to get a new scanner in 2018.  But that's a discussion better left to the sidelines...

I'm looking forward to next year, as I've already got a lot of ideas in mind for my collecting goals.  Sticking to those goals is always the issue.  Maybe now that I'm in my fifties something will change.

LOL

thanks for reading, Robert


1 comment: