Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Taking another plunge

At the same time as I ordered the 81 Topps lot that I displayed last week, I decided to get a start on a new Player Collection that I talked briefly about last month.

I found a 30 card lot for $7 shipped of Ichiro Suzuki, and am using that along with a few loose cards I had on hand to start up a PC of him.


Pretty much base set cards, which is fine by me to start.  I expect that I'll probably end up with this PC in the same binder as Andrew McCutchen.  Probably mostly base cards and parallels, with the occasional jersey card thrown in.


I'm looking forward to diving a little more in depth to Ichiro's career, his streaks, records and maybe even learn a little about his career in Japan before he came to North America.

Things such as:  During his first decade in MLB, he missed only 32 games.  3 games a year.  Incredible.   Also during that decade he had 2244 hits, with his worst season totaling just 206.

Ichiro needs 5 more singles to reach 2500 for his career.  2500 singles.  Wow.

My Ichiro collection won't be as in depth as what I own for Joe Sakic or Jim Thome, but a couple hundred cards over time certainly will be fun to put in a binder and look at. 

Thanks for reading, Robert

6 comments:

  1. I come across Ichiro inserts all the time in dime boxes, knowing that you're now working on a collection, I'll start picking up a few here and there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with Ichiro! I have a good amount of dups I'll set aside for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost went down that rabbit hole but pulled back when I started putting together a want list. He has so many awesome cards but the cards that I would want as cornerstones to my pc were just outside of my price range but that isn't to say I don't collect his cards, they are just an extension of my Mariners pc.

    I will take a look to see what I can send your way to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the PC. He has a lot of stuff out there, so won't be hard to get Ichiro cards. The best part is getting those lots online. I'm at the point in my Jeter collection that a lot of cards just gives me all dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, there's no doubt that Ichiro is a great player! Did you know that Upper Deck now sells "ePacks" on their website "www.upperdeckepack.com". I just pulled an auto just a couple days from there.

    I think it's pretty cool, feel free to check it out if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete