Sunday, November 12, 2017

Inbound and Down #28: The Chronicles of Fuji

The Chronicles of Fuji.  Need I say more?  OK I will.  Mark is one of the best and longest lasting writers on the card collecting blogosphere, and I have had the good fortune of trading with Mark on a few occasions. 

I'm so far behind on my blog reading that I didn't notice until today that Mark had announced on his blog that he was sending packages (27 of them!) out to folks in the world, and I was one of them.

To be honest, I really don't remember sending him anything (it could have been a while ago, my mind is shot...), but I won't sneeze at the cards he sent me.


Why is it I don't remember Joe Carter as part of the Crash the Game set?  Right, the mind is gone...


OK, maybe the mind isn't that far gone, because I instantly recognized the Tony Fernandez on the right as being from one of the many 80's Fire Safety sets that the Jays released.  Love the old photo of Exhibition Stadium in the background.


A trio of Bowman Platinum gold.  Sadly, none of these 3 are currently with the club.


More Bowman Platinum, and a Topps Super insert from last year's Archives featuring Josh Donaldson.  Nice!


The Brett Lawrie card will go into his PC, the Jose Bautista card is sharp and I must be careful, and I have to admit, that Blue Jays logo in the center is the ugliest of them all. 


Didn't have my reading glasses on when I pulled this out of the envelope, and I said out loud "who the hell is this?"  I did not recognize Pat Borders at all with the mustache.  Cool jersey card though from the 2000 Black Diamond Rookie Edition set.  I had no idea that Borders was ever affiliated with the USA Baseball program, which makes this even more cool for me.

Mark, thank you for the great envelope, it is very much appreciated!!

thanks for reading, Robert

4 comments:

  1. Cool cards! I especially like the Delgado Reel Time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like that logo.. I never liked the one that followed it though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Crash The Game...those were the best! Cool that the Carter is from the redemption set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm embarrassed to admit this... but you sent me some cards either at the end of 2016... or at the start of 2017. I just kept postponing the care packages until later... and later... and later. Sorry it took so long.

    ReplyDelete