Wednesday, June 7, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge Day 7: 1964 Pete Rose

I haven't written one of these posts for a few weeks, and the rules say that there's no time frame for these, so I figured this was a perfect opportunity to move forward in the list.

Day 7:  A card you bought in person and the story behind it.

I've bought a lot of cards in person over the past few years, but for some reason, this card came to mind right away.


My '64 Pete Rose.  I remembered right away what I paid for it.  $38.  I remember buying it at the monthly card show back in October '13 when I lived up north. 

It's always great when you go to a show expecting to do one thing, and come home with something that was totally unexpected.   Finding this card was not something I expected to do that day.

This was one of the cards that taught me that you can put vintage sets together at a reasonable price, no matter what the price guides say.  Patience is definitely a virtue when it comes to building older sets, and finding something that you like with higher priced cards can be a challenge.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. "It's always great when you go to a show expecting to do one thing, and come home with something that was totally unexpected."

    This happens at just about every show I attend.

    ReplyDelete