Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Be safe


Seeing Dee Gordon running tearfully around the bases last night really brought things home for me on the Jose Fernandez tragedy that happened on the weekend.

A quarter of a century ago (almost) I was a beer soaked, crazy 24 year old who was flying through life at the seat of my pants.  I spent most of my 30's making up for this recklessness.

Now, as I'm older I see things a lot more clearly.  I see how my actions affect other people.

I work for a delivery company.  Safety is a big priority.  Tomorrow, as with every other Wednesday, I will be wearing a red shirt to promote safety.

I drive to card shows and other places in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area, and there are a lot of crazy people on the roads.  My wife and I have taken lately to saying "be safe" as the last thing we say to each other when we leave for work in the morning.

You just never know what's going to happen.  Jose Fernandez is proof that anything can happen.

Jose Fernandez's tragic passing affected me more than I thought at first.  It just took me a couple of days to put it all into perspective.

To all my friends in the blogosphere, and to all that may happen by this blog post over time, please be safe.

Money can be replaced, vehicles and possessions can be replaced.

You can't.

#RIPJF16  May God bless you Jose.

thanks for reading, Robert


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean.. I'm a bus driver. People are insane on the roads

    ReplyDelete