Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Now the Topps '64 want list is down to 39

Knowing my propensity to make mistakes when it comes to checklists, I spent some time over the past couple of days going over the '59T and '64T binders.   The '59T binder appears to be in order, so I updated the appropriate blog page up top, and ordered myself a card off of eBay to reduce the want list by 1.

A little rough around the edges, but for $3 and combined shipping, the '59 want list is now one card lighter.  255 cards are in the books, meaning the set is just over 44% complete.  Still a long way to go, and a lot of high $ cards to find on the cheap, but still progress is being made.

Now, the '64T want list was slightly off.  Once I went through the binder and cross-checked all the cards, I realized that I had marked off card #318 (Twins team card) when I didn't have it.  That card was purchased off of eBay on a separate transaction from this one.  The card that I received with the Hitters Foes above is a little more important to knock off of the list...


Easily the priciest of the World Series subset cards, this Koufax I was able to find relatively cheaply.  These 2 cards including shipping set me back almost $14, but it was worth it to knock card #136 off the list.   It had been staring me in the face for so long, I'm glad it's finally in hand.

Now, '64T is down to 39 cards left. 

thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. That is not a bad price. Congrats on the new additions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two awesome cards! Had to look up how the Yankees managed to score two runs. A tresh HR following a Kubek single in the eighth.

    ReplyDelete