Saturday, November 7, 2015

You know when you see that one card at a show that you just have to have no matter what.

So far, the South Florida show is becoming like the old mall show I frequented in western PA.   I'm only hitting a couple of tables, and buying off of just one.  

But unlike the guy I frequented up north, this dealer in the south has hockey.  Go figure.   While going through his loose cards in the hockey "piles", I came across this card that I've had my eye on for a while on eBay and COMC, but just hadn't pulled the trigger.

But for $15, I bit on this card.   It's one of the greatest goalie of all time (in my opinion), and he's in a Leafs sweater...


I love the 71-72 OPC set, and I've always wanted to own a card of the great Jacques Plante.  The cards from the 50's and 60's are a little more pricey, so thankfully this card came along to satisfy that want.

I just had to have this card.  No matter how many times I would have tried to put it down to try and find something else at that table, I would have picked it right back up again.  This will definitely be part of my collection for a long time.

Thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments: