Sunday, September 6, 2015

Upon further review

As I had mentioned last week, I finally took the time yesterday to go over the 3 binders that comprise the SNI set.  My lackadaisical tendency to put the cards away at times led me to believe that I may have made some mistakes when it came to reconciliation time on the spreadsheet.

I did better than I thought.  I was only missing 3 cards that I had on the spreadsheet.  Not a major catastrophe, but it means that I now have 23 serial #'s left to find for the set.  It also means that the post last week about 23 teams being complete is also incorrect.   I'm back down to 21, as 2 of the 3 cards I was missing were for Red Sox players, and the 3rd was a Pirate.  

Going through the pages also allowed me to stumble on something that I found interesting.   Cards # 620 and 621 to be precise...


Back to back in the set are a pair of Kevin Youkilis cards.   Totally unintentional.  Even better is that they are from 2 different teams with Sox as their nickname. 

I also noticed that I had 2 Yovani Gallardo cards from the same set (2012 Topps Heritage), although those serial numbers are quite far apart, 382 and 1129.  I may have some fun when this set is completed, figuring out such things as which player appears the most, which set is represented the most, etc. 

For now, I'm just happy that I was only missing the 3 cards....

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment