Thursday, February 5, 2015

2015 Topps?--no rush

For the first time in 3 months, I'm going to hit the monthly card show this weekend.  With this knowledge, there was no rush for me to run to the Wal-Mart or Target on the way home this week to see if there's any 2015 Topps out.   I know I'll see it this weekend.  Maybe even if I feel like it there may be one or two packs that follow me home.

In the meantime, there's a couple weeks worth of my budget to use, and there's a game plan in place.

1964 Topps hi #'s


The quest to finish off this set begins this Saturday.  All but 10 of the 86 cards I need to finish off the set are either high number or semi high numbers.  Tough to find, tough on the wallet.  If you're wondering about the lower numbers that I still need, the names Stargell, Yastrzemski, LaRussa (RC), Conigliaro (RC), a Mays/Cepeda combo card, and the AL Bombers card should tell you all you need to know about the challenge I have ahead. 

1959 Topps:


If I can scoop up another 15 to 20 of these on the cheap, I'll be happy.  I'm still early in this set build (130 so far), so I'm hoping that I can get a few that show some love to reduce the want list a little.

Trade partners

I've got a few piles going right now, so I'll be looking for some more stuff to pad those envelopes.  

Hopefully I can find some good cards on the cheap.

Blue Jays/SNI

Not as big a priority this weekend, but I'm hoping I can find something new to add to the Jays relic/auto collection.  At this point in the SNI collection, if I even find one or two cards this weekend I'll be pleased.

Something totally off the wall

I made it a point to pick up something just totally random back in November, something a little out of the ordinary.  Maybe it'll be a star card from '62 T or '68 T.  Maybe there will be a bit of hockey there that I can peek through.  Maybe I'll just grab a few things from the big 3 cities (LA, Chicago and New York) and use it as trade bait. 

I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and sifting through some boxes this weekend.

Anything to keep me from shoveling snow!

thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment: