Sunday, August 31, 2014

A couple days off

During my hiatus from the daily grind of blogging, I kept thinking back to the 80's and the Huey Lewis song "A Couple Days Off".   One of the lyrics described how I felt to a T. 

I am only human, I am no machine...
With that in mind, I stepped away from any thoughts of cards and blogging for a few days.  Once I returned from my trip to the Great White North, I decided to clean the blog up a bit.  The banner is gone.  The font has been made easier to read.  My pages are on the sidebar now rather than up top.   I removed a couple of widgets that I felt weren't serving any purpose.

I also decided to torture everyone with a mini marathon of by the page posts, in an attempt to get some of the Jays cards off of my desk.   Mission accomplished.

I also put the "what's next?" tournament on hiatus for a week.  It will return this weekend with the start of the semi finals.

I also have to thank a trio of bloggers who sent me cards out of the blue while I was on hiatus.

A big thanks to Doug who sent me a massive stack of Blue Jays, along with some Joe Sakic PC items and three cards to knock off the SNI want list.


A much smaller envelope also arrived a couple of weeks back from Matt, who sent me what probably will be the thickest card ever for my Jim Thome PC.


A great card, #'d out of 25!!  Matt also sent a couple of nice pieces for the Blue Jays collection, an Adam Lind auto and a numbered Roy Halladay card.   Great stuff, thank you Matt.

Finally, a very thick PWE made its way east courtesy of Jeff who sent me a nice stack of Blue Jays, including a 2008 Topps Blue Jays team set, and a handful of '84 Donruss for the collection as well.


Each time I get an envelope filled with Jays from the 80's and 90's, I end up looking at the cards and saying "don't I have this already??"  Then I look at the want list and the answer always is the same.

Nope.   Jeff, thank you for the PWE, it is greatly appreciated (Keep on writing btw!!)

So, for those of you that are still interested in reading my slice of insanity, thank you.

To those of you who endured all 10 by the page posts today, you're a better man than I am, and thank you!

I hope that all of you are enjoying your Labor (Labour) Day weekend, and having fun.   Whatever you do, drive safely and watch out for the crazy people!!

thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. I got some blue jays lots recently for my own collection...I'm sorting the duplicates and checking your wantlist, I'll get back to you as soon as I'm done !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the cards. I immediately thought of you when I got it.

    ReplyDelete