Wednesday, July 16, 2014

By the page: Carlos Delgado

Carlos Delgado is one of a handful of players that I'll likely show off multiple pages of cards for.  The last time I looked, there were almost 200 cards of him in my Blue Jay collection, so it will probably be pretty easy to come up with several pages to display.

For the first page that I'm going to show off on this post, I wanted to put together a page of cards that featured sets that weren't as common.  I also wanted to find a couple of photos (where is that squirt gun card?) that featured good photography.

First, I'll show off my favorite trio...


One can only imagine what path Carlos' career might have taken had he remained a catcher.  Thankfully, we only had to witness 5 innings worth over 2 games during his career.  The 2000 Topps Gallery card in the center is a hilarious photo, almost appearing as if Carlos is scared of his bat.  The 2003 Upper Deck card on the right is a great photo of bat meeting ball, which for Carlos translated into 1413 base hits during his 12 seasons (3 partials) in Toronto.

Let's look at the full page:


I even snuck in a parallel card, for old times sake.   I was always a fan of the silver signature cards from MVP (don't ask me why, I can't describe it), and the '99 set is a favorite of mine. 

There's 9 more cards out of the box, bringing the total up to 43.  There's plenty more where that came from.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment: