Monday, June 30, 2014

My how time flies

Gotta love the unexpected PWE's that arrive on your doorstep, especially those filled with a handful of cards that hit various needs.

I received such an envelope while I was away for the weekend from Doug at Sportscards from the Dollar Store.  Doug not only hit a couple of my hockey wants, he also knocked off a couple of serial numbers that I needed for the insanity set.

I updated the list this evening, and couldn't believe it had been 4 weeks since I had removed anything from the list. 

Behold, the 53rd and 54th cards from the 2013 Topps base set that are now part of SNI:


Evan Gattis on the left is the 40th Braves card out of the 50 required.  It looks as if Evan is going to surpass all his rookie totals in hits, HR, RBI and batting average.   Not sure if he's making Braves fans forget Brian McCann yet, but it appears as if over time he will.  Gattis' card is serial number 1074.

Not sure how I missed Juan Nicasio's card in my top 5 for the 2013 Topps set.  What an amazing facial expression that Topps captured on his card!  Nicasio was sent down to AAA a week ago to make room for 24 year old Kyle Parker (0 for 6 with 4K's so far).  Nicasio's card is the 27th card for the Rockies out of 50, and is serial numbered 885.

Just 368 cards to go to reach the 1500 mark!  Still need help with the Rockies, Orioles and Astros.  All 3 of those teams are still under the 30 card plateau.

Doug, thank you for the envelope, all the cards are great and really appreciated!!

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment