Tuesday, April 1, 2014

They tried, they failed

A gang of bloggers decided to try and load me down with Blue Jays cards in the hope that I wouldn't get them cataloged by the end of the day yesterday.

Of course I'm kidding, but the decent sized stack that several people sent me has been diminished.  I spent about an hour going through the cards last night, and I am declaring myself caught up with both the pile on my desk, and with the Jays want list.

(Crosses that off of 2014 goals list)

On the way home this past Saturday from the card show, I was jonesing to bust a few packs of cards.   It's hard for me to sit near all those cards like I did on Saturday and not buy any packs.   Yes, it's an illness, I know.

So, I stopped at Wal Mart and grabbed a few rack packs of Heritage.  I bought 5, and I opened 2.  I'm OK with them, they just don't jump out at me for some reason.  The '65 set is a classic, but maybe the Heritage line has just become a little bit tired for me.

Maybe I've become a little bit tired of the Heritage line.   I don't know, I just can't put my finger on it.

In the 2 rack packs, I did pull one double, that of Matt Dominguez.


I also pulled Then and Now inserts out of both packs.  A pair of lefties on one, a pair of righties on the other.   No hitters though.  Maybe somebody will want either of these.


I also got a SP card in both packs.   I guess that means in theory that I would only have to buy 75 rack packs in order to get all the SPs?

Somebody out there might want these as well.

say SPs!!
I don't think I'll be chasing this set, and I have already been sent most of the Jays already (a good thing!), so I don't think I'll be buying much more of this.

Now, with all that said, it is time to wrap up the contest that I ran to celebrate my 1000th post on this here blog....


Congrats to Hackenbush!   He is the purveyor of the Can't Have Too Many Cards blog, one of the great blogs out there.  His birthday posts are among my favorites to read.

Thank you all for joining and reading my little slice of insanity, it really is appreciated.

Robert

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to Hackenbush. And thanks for hosting the contest. Continued success to you and the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the contest and the kind words. My birthday posts are on indefinite hiatus. They took so much effort that I never had time to post anything else. I've been resistant to anything new this year. Here's a thought regarding Heritage. Maybe it's just me but after all the great action shots, static posed shots and portraits seem dull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the ones I pulled for you are still needed because you're getting them anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Mark, I need your address. Can you forward that to me so I can send you the Ortiz please.

      Delete