Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sakic Sunday: Victory is mine

Upper Deck Victory that is:


this 2007-08 beauty came to me via the generosity of Doug at Sportscards from the Dollar Store.    Not only did the Victory arrive, but an In the Game card showed up as well.


This is only the 3rd ITG card that I have, something that I shall have to remedy this year.  It's cool to see Joe in his junior sweater of the Swift Current Broncos. 

Finally, another base Upper Deck card came my way.


This card came from the 2007-08 UD mini jersey set.  I never really understood the allure of the mini jerseys that came from that set.   How in the world would they fit anyone?  Unless someone has dolls to put these little jerseys on, then it just doesn't make sense to me. 

Doug also included a handful of needs from the last 2 years of O-Pee-Chee sets.


The Sakic collection now stands at 323 cards.  Still just over 100 cards to go to make the goal of 425 Sakic's by years end.  Lots of base still to chase, so it's a realistic number.

thank you for the cards Doug, very much appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment