Thursday, March 20, 2014

Getting the want list up has been well worth it

The Blue Jays want list was a lot of work.  But in the fortnight since I've had it active on the blog, it's presence has paid dividends.  I've already found a couple of sets that I failed to put on originally, and I'm sure that I'll find more as time goes on.

Another good thing has been the great cards that have come in to the house.   I received a great package this past Monday from Jeff at One Man's Junk (Wax), full of Blue Jays from many different sets. 

 I decided to divide the scans into those featuring Fleer...


Tom Henke was lethal when he dropped down to sidearm like pictured above.  Right handed batters suddenly were weak in the knees when the 6'5" giant came from the side.  


Yes folks, that's 5 different years of Fleer cards featured there, including the Yellow Monster that is the 1991 set.  I only need card #171 to finish the 1991 Jays team set (Pat Borders).

I also have a couple of scans of Bowman/OPC/Topps to show off:



All of a sudden I've started receiving the bigger '89 Bowman cards from other bloggers.  I'm now down to 2 cards to complete the '92 Stadium Club team set (372 Bob MacDonald and 555 Derek Bell). 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the want list is decreasingly rapidly now that I have it up.   Maybe I should keep working and get more lists posted.   Who knows what might come my way?

Thank you for the cards Jeff!!  Great envelope, very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. You, Sir have an awesome team want list. Went completely through it and pulled a stack of goodies & I've got a package headed your way from the Sportscard Mask-a-Rade man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some more Jays for you when I have time to get through my stuff and send them out..

    ReplyDelete