Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Drawing a line in the sand

I spent a good portion of this past Sunday updating my Blue Jays want list (no, it's not posted yet).  I took a break from the updating to read Greg's post on the Night Owl blog entitled "Uninspired".

His thoughts on that post mirrored what I'd been thinking about for the previous few hours while updating the Jays list...

When the hell does this all end??

There were times when I knew that there was no way in hell that I was going to put on all the parallels that have come out over the past few years in the flagship release.  This year is even better.

Do I want to create a 2014 want list for the yellow, green, blue, red (2 kinds of red no less), camo, pink,  black and gold parallels?

Hell no.

When I posted last year's Blue Jays want list for the flagship, I stuck to three colors (blue, red and green) because I knew that only going after those 3 would be realistic.

I drew the proverbial line in the sand.  I probably will stick to 2 or 3 colors again this year, once I finally post the updated Jays want list (the goal is still to have it posted and current by the end of March).


I said to myself after thinking about it "do I really want 9 different colors of Esmil Rogers?"

OK, the answer was yes, but my point here is that I'm not going to chase after them all.  I'm also not going to sit there and type out a monster want list for all 9 different colors.

I wouldn't expect anyone else to do the same.   It's bloody insane.   I already have one project that defines my insanity.

If I pull a parallel card of one of your teams, I'll do the right thing.

I'll ask you if you need it.  I know that everyone out there isn't as crazy as I am.

Consider the line drawn...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for reading the insanity, Robert

2 comments:

  1. I am in the same place, Robert -- seriously, trying to come up even with a want list for all of these crazy parallels is just totally insane. I don't even have time to type that list, more less actually chase those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach it!

    I cannot envision myself typing "2014 Topps yellow parallel Dodgers' in my want list. Maybe I'll do it, probably I'll do it, but I can't picture it now.

    ReplyDelete