Saturday, December 21, 2013

My humorous take on the bowl season which inclues a contest plug....

I just happened to notice a contest last night on the Cards on Cards blog inviting the blogosphere to join in the fun by picking winners for the upcoming college bowl season.

Well this guy decided to get in on the fun, even though I don't know the first thing about college football.  If I do end up in last place, you'll know it's legitimate.

I figured I would have some fun and post a humorous look at why I made the picks I made....we all need a laugh or 3, right?

Enjoy

35 points:  Florida State over Auburn.  Jameis Winston won the Heisman Trophy, that has to count for something, right?
34 points:  Ohio St over Clemson.   My former boss would kill me if he found out I picked against the Buckeyes
33 points:  Missouri over Oklahoma St.  I have family that are MU grads.  This pick is for them.
32 points:  Alabama over Oklahoma.  Even though I'm a big fan of "good ol JR", I like Alabama in this one.
31 points:  Navy over Middle Tenn St.   Last time I checked, Middle Tenn St wasn't part of the Armed Forces...
30 points:  LSU over Iowa.  Louisiana just reminds me more of the Outback for some reason.
29 points:  Baylor over UCF.  I read somewhere that if I picked UCF that I was doomed to fail.
28 points:  South Carolina over Wisconsin.  Tobacco producing states rock!!
27 points:  Georgia over Nebraska.   Last time I checked, there weren't any gators in Nebraska...
26 points:  Texas A&M over Duke.  The Blue Devils haven't been this relevant since Christian Laettner...besides how can I root against a guy named Johnny Football?
25 points:  Stanford over Michigan St.   Two words.   John Elway
24 points:  Mississippi st over Rice.  Even though Rice probably has better pitching and defense, I like the Bulldogs here...
23 points:  Notre Dame over Rutgers.   Wouldn't God be mad if I didn't pick Notre Dame?
22 points:  Michigan over Kansas St.   No real reason here, I just want to eat the wings....
21 points:  BYU over Washington.   Two words.   Steve Young
20 points:  UCLA over Virginia Tech.  I'm sure Spankee will not be happy with my pick here....
19 points:  Syracuse over Minnesota.   How can I root against a team that has a giant "S" on their field, just like Superman has on his chest!!
18 points:  Arizona St over Texas Tech.   I've always wanted to go on a holiday in Arizona....
17 points:  Buffalo over San Diego St.  Buffalo is closer to Idaho's climate than SDS is...
16 points:  Texas over Oregon.   I don't know if you know your history, but the Alamo is in Texas.
15 points:  Cincinnati over North Carolina.   Someone please tell me what a Belk is.
14 points:  Houston over Vanderbilt.  Hakeem Olajuwon should be good for 20 and 12...
13 points:  Georgia Tech over Mississippi.  How can I not root for a team named the Yellow Jackets!
12 points:  North Texas over UNLV.  The heart of Dallas is closer to North Texas....
11 points:  Boston College over Arizona.   Matt Ryan will finally get another win this year....
10 points:  Oregon St over Boise St.   I was going to root for the team with the blue field, but geography won out here.  Oregon St closer to Hawaii....
9 points:  Maryland over Marshall.  There's no military here....why?
8 points:  Northern Illinois over Utah St.   They're ranked...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
7 points:  Tulane over LA Lafayette.  Two words....Green Wave!
6 points:  Arkansas State over Ball St.  I just couldn't pick David Letterman's alma mater.
5 points:  Colorado State over Washington St.   I really like what Jeff Fisher is doing with the Rams...
4 points:  USC over Fresno St.  Two words:  Todd Marinovich!
3 points:  Pittsburgh over Bowling Green:  I live close to Pittsburgh.  I also live close to a Little Caesar's if that means anything.
2 points:  Ohio over East Carolina.  Last time I checked, there was a North and a South Carolina but no East Carolina.  So I'm thinking that Ohio really doesn't have an opponent...
1 point:  Miami over Louisville.  Here I am ....rock you like a Hurricane...

Yes, this was a poor attempt at humor, but hey I had nothing better to do on a  Friday evening.

Go join the contest, you have until 2 PM EST today!

Good luck and thanks for reading, Robert



1 comment: