Thursday, October 24, 2013

Reading for comprehension helps

One thing that I have no problem doing is poking fun at myself.  I enjoy finding humor in some of the stupid things that I do.

This is one of those times.

On Monday night, I was feeling a little bit low, and not having spent a lot of money on cards since the show at the beginning of the month, I decided to hit eBay and try and find the final few cards to finish off the '75 Topps set.

Some pretty notable names on my list of remaining cards.  Joe Morgan, Carlton Fisk, the Mantle/Newcombe '56 MVP card, and this card below...

A pretty fair specimen of card #260, probably the best catcher that I'll see in my lifetime, Johnny Bench.

Just so you can see what I saw in the auction listing, take a look at it for yourself here.  I will say that the seller described the card very accurately, the centering and the corner were described correctly.

Anyone figure out what I missed?  If not, here's the one line description...

1975 Topps mini #260 Johnny bench.

It would have helped if I had looked at that one particular word.   I know why I missed it though.

After 2+ years in the blogosphere, I have come to understand the word is actually spelled

MMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

See that my friends?  I do pay attention.  Sometimes to a fault....

Oh well, I guess I'll have to see if there are any bloggers out there putting together a '75 Topps mini set that are in need of a Johnny Bench. 

At least the seller accepted my offer price.  LOL

Thanks for reading, Robert


5 comments:

  1. Before I even got to the bottom I knew you were going to say you bought the mini. I bought a whole lot of those thinking they were the regular sized 75 cards when I was working on my set. Nice cards though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, there aren't any bloggers that are doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks to me like you just started yourself on collecting a new set.

    ReplyDelete