Friday, August 16, 2013

The new kid in town, some PC stuff, and more Blue Jays

I was going to break down the 2nd box of 02-03 Quest for the Cup tonight, but I decided on a quick post instead.  (Yes, in other words, I got lazy).

First off, I wanted to send a shout out to Nathan at the new blog Big 44 cards who sent me a ton of series 2 needs in the mail.   Between those and a trip to the LCS today, I have managed to reduce the want list for that set to 8 cards.  The 2013 Heritage list is also smaller as well, there's only 5 cards left to go.  I will probably make a quick purchase from Sportlots to get rid of those two sets.

Nate, thank you very much for the cards!  They are appreciated.

I also received some series 2 earlier in the week from Bert at Swing And A Pop-Up.  Bert was also kind enough to throw in a trio of gold cards from the '93 Topps set, which are great of course because they feature 3 members of the World Series champion team from '92.

Nothing but stiffs.   Thank you Bert!!
The trip to the LCS also netted me a few cards for the Sakic and Thome PCs.  I'll show off one card of each, both of which are horizontal shots that I really like.

First the Thome, card # 147 from the 1995 Topps Stadium Club set.


It appears that Jim has been thrown out at 2nd base (a guess on my part), and it appears that he's about to throw his helmet in disgust.  Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a shot like this on a baseball card.

The Thome PC has been neglected for quite a while now.   I'm going to start looking here and there for more cards of his.  I was able to pick up 4 today, all of them base cards, but there's a ton more to go. 

Next up, the Joe Sakic card, # 54 from the 2007-08 Upper Deck set.


I can't say for sure, but it appears that Rollie the goalie is in trouble.   This card is one of the thousands of reasons that I have always loved Upper Deck hockey.  The picture is absolutely fantastic. 

I picked up 5 more Sakic's today, which brings me over the 290 card mark for my long time PC.  This is another guy that I need to start adding more of to my collection.

Definitely a great final (paid) day of my vacation.   Back to reality on Monday.

By the way, reality will probably equal more cards with a break in between to work for eight hours.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. I see cards like this and I think "I'd love to collect hockey cards again."

    Then reality hits.

    ReplyDelete