Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I think I know what my problem is now

Lately, I've been in a real funk.  I can feel it in my bones, the lack of desire to get anything meaningful accomplished on the blog.  March has long been a month I look forward to.  Not because of March Madness, but for the simple fact that the 3 previous months are in the rear view mirror. 

You will not find many people much happier than I am when the month of March arrives, because the cold weather starts to dissipate, the snow starts to leave the ground, and the green of the grass and trees begins to take center stage.

Except for 2013 it seems.  I actually awoke to snow again on my truck this morning.  Not a major amount, but enough for me to look skyward and say "really??"  It is April 2nd after all, and the high still didn't get out of the 30's today. 

I really have become a warm weather person.  My annual trips to Florida during the winter months stopped this year, because my wife has decided to take a stand and make our friends come and visit us before we head back there again.  My wife insists that I am more than welcome to go down by myself, but I am convinced that if I were to do that, I probably wouldn't hear the end of it for not supporting her. 

You see my quandary.

There is hope on the horizon here, with the forecast for later in the week calling for temperatures to climb into the upper 50's.  Between that and the monthly card show this weekend, I'm hoping that things will start to clear up for me, and I'll get back to a little more normalcy here in the blog. 

I began this evening with a quick addition to the baseball want list, the 2008 Upper Deck X Die Cut set.


I was sorry to hear that Santana was lost for the season, it seems as if he just can't get on a good run of health over the past few years.

I really like this set, despite the small card count (100).  I've been fortunate to pull together 19 of them so far, and I'm hoping to find a couple of auctions on eBay to knock off some of the want list.

First things first though, the monthly card show this weekend, which I'll be attending on Saturday (as is my custom).  I hope to be finishing this set when I go....

1977 Topps #650

Just 9 to go.  Some big names still to pick up though.  Carew.  Schmidt.  Guidry.  Fidrych RC.  Brooks Robinson.  Nolan Ryan Record Breaker card.  I hope to finish off that set, and find a few more cards toward the serial insanity set.  Not sure if I'll try and attack the '70 or '73 sets, we'll have to see how I feel when I get there. 

Maybe now that baseball is back for real, my mind will get straight and I can get my focus where it should be.

Enjoying this great hobby of ours...

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Good for your wife for taking a stand. Make somebody else do work for once.

    Don't ask me for my opinion on March if you want to hear something positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This March compared to the last couple of Marches has been particularly tough weather-wise. Baseball's finally here, and the warmer weather is just around the corner. So, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete