Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I never really was much into horse racing

I haven't seen the term used a lot recently, but for the longest time I saw the term "trifecta" used a lot on the blogs.  I thought to myself, "isn't that a horse racing term?".  Sure enough, thanks to Merriam Webster online, here's the definition. 

Trifecta:  noun   a variation of the perfecta in which a bettor wins by selecting the first three finishers of a race in the correct order of finish

Now unless there are cards of Secretariat out there that I've never seen, I can't see these two worlds meshing together.

OK...enough levity.   I know that there are quite a few bloggers out there have built some pretty nice trifectas.  One such blog is Drew's cards,  which if you follow the link shows off quite an impressive collection of trifectas.  

I really haven't done much in the way of collecting trifectas, but while cleaning up around the card room this evening, I came across a RC of Nikolai Kulemin of the Leafs.  I knew that I had already the other two pieces of his trifecta in place, so voila!  My first trifecta (at least the first one that gets shown on the blog)

Auto:  09-10 BAP  RC:  08-09 UD Series 2 Victory   Jersey: 11-12 Zenith

Nikolai Kulemin became one of my favorite players a couple of years back, his 30 goal season two years ago along with his excellent defensive work gave me hope that he would become a solid two way player for the Leafs for many years to come.  Nikolai was snake bitten last year offensively, only scoring 7 times.  That didn't dampen my enthusiasm as far as collecting his cards,  and while he has only 1 goal so far this season, he's still playing well in both ends of the rink to reaffirm my belief in him. 

It seems to be a lot easier for me to obtain relics/autos of Leafs/Jays, so that may be another angle for me to pursue while collecting the Blue & White.  I am pretty sure that I can feature at least a couple of other players here in the not too distant future.  

Now, if I could only get my hands on some rainbows....

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Drew's Cards also got me into collecting trifectas. Such a simple and fun way to collect. Congratulations on completing your Kulemin trifecta!

    ReplyDelete