Monday, January 21, 2013

Blue Jay Monday: The Toddfather made me an offer..

I just couldn't refuse.  When I aborted the attempt of putting together the complete set of '12 Gypsy Queen, and offered up the variation SPs to the world, Tim over at the Home of the Toddfather asked me for a couple of the SPs, and offered up a Jays relic in return...yea I bit.

Rajai Davis is no superstar for sure, but for me the black borders are what make the A&G relics look good this year. 


The design is a little busy, but the black overrides the busy look.  Found out that this is also the first Blue Jays relic from 2012 A&G I own, and just the 4th piece of bat that I own of a Jays player over all.

Davis is in the last year of a 3 year deal with the Jays, and with the additions of Melky Cabrera and Emilio Bonifacio (that name is going to be hard to type for me...), and the return to health of Jose Bautista, it appears that Davis is probably 5th on the outfield depth chart right now, with Colby Rasmus in the mix as well.  If Anthony Gose improves with the bat during spring training, we may see Davis in a new uniform before the 2013 season starts.

Thanks for the trade Tim!! 

thanks for reading, Robert


1 comment:

  1. Sharp looking card. You know I'm a fan of the A&G design in general, but the black and previously red borders fantastic pieces of retro design. Congrats on getting a bat relic centered. I've been seeing numbers of them that appear to be skewed and off to one side or other.

    ReplyDelete