Monday, December 31, 2012

this is my last post of 2012, I swear

Sadly, because of the crappy shift I worked today, and the level of tiredness that I'm experiencing at this moment, I really don't have anything prepped that would be worthy of an "end of the year" post.  I do have a couple of things that I really want to say before the year ends....very shortly.

  1. For the first time this evening, I watched the video for "Gangnam Style".   I have only one thing to say about the "craze".....what is the world coming to?????????
  2. I will say this for my wife, she did give it a good effort this Christmas when buying baseball cards for me.  I received a blaster and a rack pack of Update, and she was rather proud of herself because she took a picture on her iPhone of an old pack I had lying around and used it to make sure she was buying the "right kind".    Dear, you did just fine...
Sadly, not a batting practice cap logo....

Not sure how much of a blockbuster the deal was at the time, Smoltz was picked up by the Braves from the Tigers for Doyle Alexander.  The Tigers were sure happy with Doyle's pitching the rest of the way.  9-0 in 11 starts with a 1.53 ERA.   Detroit wound up losing the ALCS in 5 games to the Twins. 

Finally, to all the great people out there in blog land, I hope that you and your family have a safe, prosperous, and fun 2013. 

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment