Monday, December 10, 2012

Blue Jay Monday: A tribute to the past from modern sets

The past decade has seen multiple efforts from Topps to recreate the love of their older sets.  Heritage of course being the flagship effort, with other releases such as Archives and Fan Favorites also promoting prior designs with current players.

I decided to make this Blue Jay Monday effort about a few cards that I received from Pat at the Hot Corner blog that relived the past.

First, from the 2012 Heritage release, comes this '63 sticker insert of Jose Bautista

Although I am not too sure that Jose was happy to have had his picture taken here, I can admire a man that is able to grow a full beard in 3 days like Joey Bats can (to me it seems that way..what do you think?)  The '63/'12 set is one that I haven't gained a full appreciation of as of yet, maybe it's because I like the backs more than I do the fronts.  I'm sure that is something that will change over time, but for now, I will not be chasing either of those sets.

The next two cards come from the 2012 Topps Archives set (or Heritage lite as I've called it...)


With Topps limiting the number of SPs in the set to 40 (41 with the Harper RC), I was very surprised that the Jays were represented twice.  I've spoken many times about the duo you see above, so I will not bore you with more.  All I'll say is that it's nice to have these 2 short prints as part of the overall Jays collection here.

Pat, thanks again!!  I'll be sure to get you something in return as soon as I can...

thanks for reading, Robert


No comments:

Post a Comment