Friday, November 30, 2012

The countdown begins tomorrow, my top 25 sets

I've actually been looking forward to these posts for about a month now.  It took me a while to narrow my list down to 25 sets that I have actually collected at one point in time, and felt that these sets were worthy of including in the countdown.

Rest assured, this list you're going to see over the month of December is by no means a definitive list.  I do not, nor will I ever, profess to being a card guru and actually nominate the top 25 sets ever made.  That would be an insult to everyone else out there.  To be honest, I haven't collected that many sets yet.

These 25 sets are ones that I've enjoyed collecting, either as a youngster, or since I started writing this blog in the summer of 2011.  Some of them I've actually completed.  I will try and put as much info into the post as necessary:  Topics will include affordability (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being very affordable, and 1 being very pricey) , key RCs, set size and design.  I'll also make it personal and add it what I liked about collecting the set, and what I didn't like.

There will be no insert or parallel sets in the countdown.  There will be no relics/autos shown as well. Strictly base cards.  The sets will also be hockey and baseball only. 


This countdown is going to be my commitment to keeping this blog going.  Why you ask?  Because I plan to do this every December, and as the years go by, I will collect more sets (naturally), and hopefully newer products will come out to bump out some of the sets ranked lower in the countdown. 

I hope that you enjoy reading these posts over the next month, and rest assured that December will not be limited to countdown posts.  I will try and keep the other features that appear on the blog going, and of course I'll post about any trades that may come my way as well.

The following two cards you've seen posted on my blog before, but their respective sets did not make the countdown because I have never really begun to collect these sets.


Chances are that one or both of these sets will make next year's countdown, just for the simple fact that I've started collecting them.  The same thing goes for a set that you may have enjoyed collecting over the years, but doesn't appear in the top 25....I've just never collected it yet.

Time will fix that...maybe

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment: