Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sakic Sunday: No plan of attack

Yes friends, it's that time of year.  The November portion of the Hockey Expo at the international center just outside of Toronto is coming up next weekend.

As of right now, I have no plan of attack for the show.  I will be walking through the show looking for something to strike my fancy.

This may be a good thing, this may be a bad thing.  The realization that I am way behind on my Joe Sakic collection could lead me to purchase nothing but Sakic cards.  Not a standard modus operandi, but without a plan, it may happen.

For example, I only own one of the parallels from the 99-00 Pacific Prism set, as you can see below:


It turns out that there are 5 parallels total...Blue, Gold, Mirror, Premiere Date, and Purple.  Finding these at the show should be like finding a needle in a haystack.

The National was a big success for my collection because I went there with want lists and a plan, and over the course of the 2 days I was there, I stuck to the plan.  I may have to do the same thing for the Expo, and if that's the case, I've got 4 days to think about what I want to do.

The larger shows are great for me, because I get to see a lot of items that I wouldn't normally see at the local monthly show.  In turn, that also makes these shows bad for me, because I become the proverbial kid in a candy store...gotta have it all, gotta have it all.

Create a plan it is.  I'm already looking forward to the drive.

Thanks for reading, Robert


No comments:

Post a Comment