Thursday, November 8, 2012

I live in a parallel universe

It's like a plague.  I've witnessed it for close to 20 years now.  The endless parallels.  The hopeless addiction that I have to them.

I begin to see colors....green and blue...

part of the insanity

It all started in 1994.  A simple, shiny parallel called "Electric Ice" started the madness.


A couple of years later, I stepped into the Players Club, and another chase ensued...


Three years after that, it was signature parallels...welcome to the world of MVP..


Later on, parallels went back in time and companies decided to call them "retro"


In 2011, I had to resist a strong temptation to collect things that were shiny and sparkly....even though I tried at first..


2012 brought more types of parallels, some that existed in the past, some that were new, and yet a parallel remains a parallel..


I thought I would be able to survive in a parallel universe. After all, I have managed to get along quite fine for many years.   But finally, it just drove me insane...

Thank you Steve!

I even tried to keep things simple, one color, no parallels...

Thanks again Steve!

But in the end, the parallels won out. 

On a more serious note, I'm hoping that this weekend at the Expo I'll be able to put a dent in some of these parallel based sets. 

After all these years, it's time that I started putting some of these chases to bed as well.  Maybe if I do that I can return to a more normal planet.

maybe.....

thanks for reading, Robert



1 comment:

  1. Octavio Dotel is incredibly un-photogenic.

    It makes his cards awesome.

    ReplyDelete