Sunday, November 25, 2012

I have a lot to be thankful for

Yes, I know that I'm 3 days late with this post.  But, in our household we don't always do things by convention.  Our Thanksgiving dinner actually occurred on Saturday instead of Thursday in order to accommodate our friends travel plans.  No worries here, the turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole and stuffing all went down very quickly!

On that note, I do have a lot to be thankful for.

First and foremost, I am thankful for my loving wife, who supports my hobby and as she was during my return to college, is my best sounding board for post ideas.  Without her as the rock in my life, this blog likely would be disorganized chaos (instead of the semi-organized chaos you're used to seeing).

Secondly, I am thankful for all the faithful readers, traders, and bloggers that there are out there.  Almost 16 months in, I have about 100 trades under my belt now, along with many other "swaps" with bloggers without a formal trade ever being mentioned.

Without the blogosphere I wouldn't be almost halfway finished with the insanity set:


Without the blogosphere I wouldn't have new Leafs cards coming into my collection:


Without the blogosphere I probably would never have known about "delicious" Blue Jays cards such as these:

1998 Oh! Henry Blue Jays, a great set...

Most of all, I am thankful to a lot of you for the inspiration for posts.  I have received a lot of support for this blog, and for that support I do say thank you very much!!

I am also stealing an idea from a couple of bloggers out there, and running my own countdown.  Going to do it my way though, and my countdown will not feature individual cards, but sets.  Sets are more my speed, and I can try out a top 25 countdown of the sets that I've collected over the years that were my favorites.  I may graduate and do a series similar to the Night Owl (Top 100 Jays...), but I've got to get caught up on all the Jays I haven't cataloged yet before I attempt something like that.

I'm also thankful for the support I have received on the new series I've started "Before there were lockouts and strikes", and I'm enjoying those posts so far.  I will be featuring baseball players on the BTWLAS series as well as hockey, so if you have any player suggestions you'd like to see on one of these posts, just let me know and I'll do my very best to accommodate. 

Keep blogging out there, and most of all

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment