Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sakic Sunday: Something a little different

When approached by Jason over at the Joe Average Card Collector blog about a trade, I'll be honest and say that I didn't know what to think at first.  I had never really thought outside the box when it came to collectible items of Joe Sakic.  I pretty much have limited my PC to cards and nothing else.

Now that I have the following two items in hand, I honestly wonder why I never chased items like these before...




The program is from the last game in the final season of Joe Sakic's career, which was a 1-0 loss to the Blues on 4/12/2009.  Joe's final season in 08/09 was cut short due to back problems, and sadly Joe didn't play in the game. The program is in really good shape, the pages even smell like they just came off the printing press.  The ticket stub, while not from Joe's last game, is still to me a cool collectible.  The Avalanche won the game featured on the ticket stub, 3-1.  Joe did play in that game but was held scoreless.

I was able to send Jason a couple of jersey cards of players from the Blues, which now that I have my items in hand seems to be a reasonable price indeed.

Jason, thank you for the trade, these items are a wonderful addition to my Joe Sakic PC.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Damn it...I sent the WRONG TICKET STUB~!!!! I will send the correct one tomorrow for the game of the program. I'm sorry I picked up the one that said St. Louis and Colorado, I forgot I seen two games of those two teams that season!!!!

    ReplyDelete