Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I've never had the surgery, but now at least I have his card

I wonder if Tommy John should trademark his name.  How many times have we heard over the past several years that this pitcher or that pitcher has had "Tommy John" surgery.  The commentators don't even call it ligament replacement surgery anymore. 

Now, I have a very young Tommy John to look at, card wise at least.  While hunting on eBay, I found John's RC and was able to pick it up for $7 + shipping.  When I received the card, it was much better than I expected.


Outside of the centering issue, the card is in awesome condition.  The corners are good, the original gloss is still there, no creases or markings of any kind.  A great pickup as far as I'm concerned. 

thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Great pickup, Robert! I've been looking for a copy of that one for a while.

    ReplyDelete