Monday, August 20, 2012

Two more insanity pages complete

Yes indeed, after playing a little bit of catch up with all the purchases from the National, I finally put away all the serial #'d cards I purchased there.  While doing this, I discovered that I completed two more pages, bringing the total number of completed pages to 5.

This is page #6, cards 46-54.

I had never seen a Topps co-signers card until I started this project.


This is page #9, cards 73-81

the atomic refractor of Heath Bell scanned out really well.

I have picked up 638 cards towards the set, only another 112 cards to the 50% mark.  Two teams still lead the way with 29 cards out of the 50 (New York Yankees, Washington Nationals), while there are three teams that still lag behind with 14 apiece (Baltimore, Houston and Milwaukee).  Eighteen of the 30 teams are at 20 cards or better. 

I can honestly say that picking up those 40 cards at the National was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had while putting together this set.  The only thing that would have made it even better is if the cards were a quarter apiece, instead of 50 cents...

Keep em coming guys (and gals), always love bringing them in, even if it's only a couple, they are always welcome.


Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up. I'm glad to have contributed a few towards the ultimate goal.

    ReplyDelete