Thursday, June 14, 2012

Halfway to another 2012 goal

One of the goals I set at the beginning of the year was a bit lofty, and pricey at today's mail rates.  I had set a goal to get 100 envelopes in the mail during 2012, because I felt by doing so it would keep me more involved in the blogosphere.

Mission 1/2 accomplished.

The 50th envelope went in the mail today to Matt over at the Once a Cub blog, returning the favor for the onslaught of Jays cards that you saw in this afternoon's post.

What's actually been good the last couple of weeks is that the trade fires have been heating up again.  I've got at least 6 on the go right now, and working on a couple of envelopes for other folks as well.

One fellow who's been very patient with me (at least I hope he has), is Jim over at GCRL who sent me a package of Blue Jays and 77's, including this Vernon Wells jersey card which is another great addition to the Jays jersey/auto collection. 

Jim, I haven't forgotten about you, I'm hoping to get a return envelope in the mail very soon.


#31

I am actually quite glad that the trade front is heating up again, because I've been fortunate enough to complete a few sets by trading, which certainly is a lot cheaper than hitting places like Sportlots and eBay.

Keep the trade offers coming!!  It'll keep me off of the mean streets of New Castle...

thanks for reading, Robert


1 comment:

  1. no worries. besides, there are a couple of folks who i hope are patient with me!

    ReplyDelete