Sunday, April 8, 2012

2012 Trade post # 27: 2 x 3 Heroes

It's been a while since I put up a trade post, but I felt this was kind of worth one, because what Jeff from 2 x 3 Heroes sent me was some cards from a set that I hadn't even looked at in a long time, let alone tried to pick any cards up from it.

Way waaaaaayyyyy back in 95-96, Collectors choice pumped out a decent hockey product, again on the cheap (you've probably noticed the cheap word being thrown around a lot on here lately).  The cards featured Upper Deck's standard for great photography, and also featured a parallel set that I started when the set came out, which was 17 years ago.

The Players Club parallel was the set in particular that I decided to chase oh so many years ago, and Jeff sent me an email stating he had a few of them off of my wantlist. 


The only difference between these cards and the base were the stamped "Players Club" in foil, and the cards that did have borders were gray on the parallel version.  Nothing special about the parallel, but it was something for me to chase back then.  Well, and now of course.  As you can see from the scan, some of the cards that I still needed were of some big names, and maybe one day I'll get back into working on this set.

In addition, as everyone who stops by this blog knows, I'm a big Blue Jays fan, and Jeff also included some Jays cards to add to the collection as well.



Also, in case you haven't noticed, not only is it Easter Sunday today, but it is also crooked scan Sunday here on my blog as well.

Jeff, thank you again for the cards, they are much appreciated.  There is a mailer on the way to you now with hopefully some cards you'll enjoy.

Thanks for reading, Robert


1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the bonus Jays. This trade is that it forced me to put all those old hockey cards in order - a very good thing.

    Best scan: the Shanahan card that reads "Traded to the Whalers".

    ReplyDelete