Thursday, March 29, 2012

Expect the Unexpected

Expect the Unexpected, that might have to become my mantra.   I posted about this the other day when boasting about a Vernon Wells relic that was sent my way by Ryan from the Ryan's Pitch blog.

Well, today I received a couple of envelopes in the mail, one of them I knew was coming, the other I had no idea it was headed my way.  As usual, both envelopes were from bloggers who are both in tune with what I'm chasing down.

This evening's post is the envelope I received from AJ over at The Lost Collector.  I had sent some Yankees over to AJ that I had set aside for him, and he was kind enough to send me an envelope full of Blue Jays goodness in return.

First was a selection of cards from various '12 Topps releases:

The first couple of hopefully many Sergio Santos cards featuring him as the Blue Jays closer are here, along with a cool insert from Opening Day of Jose Bautista.  I've seen a handful of Opening Day insert cards on various blogs, and they seem to have some decent ideas and good photography (it would have been cool to see the ball actually in Jose's glove, but beggars cannot be choosers).

This next card that AJ sent, well to me it was cool:


An autographed Jayson Nix card!  AJ had sent a few cards to Jayson to sign since he was a non-roster invitee to Yankee camp this year.

It doesn't matter that Jayson Nix is a journeyman utility player.  This was absolutely one of the coolest cards I have received from anyone since I've started blogging.

AJ, thank you very much!!  Expect the unexpected indeed....

Tomorrow the other unexpected envelope.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment: