Friday, March 30, 2012

Expect the unexpected, part 2

As mentioned last night, I received 2 envelopes with unexpected surprises in them yesterday.

The 2nd envelope was from Tom over at The Angels, In order blog.  I had sent Tom some cards that I did not need when I saw that he was collecting John Olerud.  I didn't want or expect anything in return, it was just one of those things that I felt was right, and well I just sent him the cards. 

I got these in return, totally unexpected....cards from 2 sets that I have been working on for a little while now.

First, '09 O Pee Chee

This group here represented 1/3 of my want list, for those who aren't quick at math I'm down now to 14 on my want list, which I went ahead and ordered from Sportlots yesterday.  It will be good to have that set off the books!

2nd, here come a few cards from the '77 Topps set:

What would a package from The Angels, In order be without a couple of Angels in it??  Bob Grich, and Bobby Bonds makes it even better!   Those 4 off of my list takes me down to 176 cards needed to complete the set.  Still a ways to go, but it's been fun working on this set and reliving the first set I ever collected as a kid.

Totally unexpected, and very much enjoyed.  Tom, thank you very much for the package, it really is appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing up '09 OPC. My list is down to 29 cards so hopefully I can find a bunch at the show tomorrow and finish it up really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise baseball card packages are always the best. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete