Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 30 begins with some laughter

Good Saturday to you all, hope that your weekend is off to a great start.

Laughter.  I enjoy it.  It's the one thing that truly keeps my wits about me.  I hit the local Wal-Mart today to purchase some cards, specifically 2012 Topps.  I've done a fairly decent job at keeping the spending on this product to a reasonable amount.  I can even break down the types of packs that I've purchased so far, that's how 'controlled' I've been.

  1. 14 hobby packs (Ryan, I hope those redemption cards turn out well for you)
  2. 3 retail packs at Target
  3. 4 rack packs at Wal-Mart
That's it.  I've made one trade for 2012 product so far as well.

OK, I'm rambling....why the laughter?  Well, I haven't pulled too many of the gold parallels so far.  5 to be exact. Take a look at them:

My luck, in a nutshell
OK math majors out there, what are the odds of pulling a duplicate gold card in the limited amount of packs that I've purchased?  Why did I laugh, well because this is the 2nd time this week that I've been able to bitch about the collation, and of course, the dupe is a Yankee.  Not something a Blue Jay fan really wants.

Honestly though, this isn't a rant, and I actually did laugh when I saw that I already hit a dupe.  I'm going to laugh from now on, because laughter is the best medicine.  Plus, negativity is kind of a downer, and cards should be fun. 

Besides, pitchers & catchers for 8 more teams reported today....these old bones are getting warmer by the second.

Thanks for reading, Robert

4 comments:

  1. I've pulled 2 of those gold cards. Both have been Jason Heyward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, would you mind setting one of those Betances aside for me? He's a guy I'm currently collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's right around a 3% chance that you would have at least one dupe in 5 cards (assuming a random pull from 330 cards).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not disputing Josh D's math, but I think with Topps collation issues, it's more like a 98.3% chance. But hey, I'm not a math guy.

    ReplyDelete