Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Resisting the urge to scratch the 2012 Topps itch

Good Wednesday evening to you all, we're over the hump and on our way to the weekend!

Well, it's February 1st, and the release of Topps 2012 is official.  To be honest, I don't remember the last time I ripped a pack.  It's going to take me a few minutes to recall...so while I'm doing that, enjoy the remainder of this post.

There's a few good reasons around my desk that I've been able to resist buying the latest edition of the flagship.  One of those is a random offering of cards from Potch in Indiana.  Potch and I have gotten to the point where it's "OK, I'm just going to send him some cards, just because", which is way cool.

The latest envelope finally arrived (finally....lol) earlier this week, and naturally Potch hits a wide variety of my want lists.

One lone Blue Jays card was in there, a '11 Bowman J.P. Arencibia.  You've seen enough of those cards...onwards.

One lone '08 UD Masterpieces card was in there...this I have to show you, because again the art is in my opinion, awesome...

Michael Young turning the double play, great artwork here.  Loving this set more and more every day.

Next up, another lone wolf.  J.D. Drew is to me what Matt Latos is to Nachos' Grande, the one card that just keeps appearing...here's his '11 Heritage SP

The want lists just keep on getting pecked at....2 more cards for the insanity coming up!!

Forgot to close the lid...
Finally, he hits the oldies....a 7 shot of '77 Topps goodness  (a little Seagram's 7 would be good right about now)

Wow....31 floating heads on this card!   I guess the equipment guy and the bullpen coach even got in there as well.  No stiffs in this lot of 7 as well, lots of great names...

Potch, as always, thank you very much sir!!!!

Damn, I still can't remember the last time I cracked a pack of cards.  I've been using Sportlots, eBay, trades and Goodwill to get my card fix for the last 2 weeks at least. 

Rest assured, the itch will be scratched this weekend at the monthly card show.  

Be ready!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Resist the dark side! I opened a hanger box. IT TOTALLY STUNK! I didn't get one card that I want to keep. It's hard to see $10 flushed down the toilet like that.

    ReplyDelete