Friday, February 3, 2012

Cool cards # 15 & # 16

Good Friday evening to you all, I don't know about you, but I need a drink.  I am more ready for the weekend than usual.

I found 2 more cards that I thought were cool, so I figured why not show them to you fine folks.

# 15.  Ramon Hernandez, 2011 Topps Diamond # 233

Yes, I know it's just another broken bat card.  For me, I thought this card was cool because the ball is actually still in the photo, and the diamond parallel just adds to how poor Ramon here was jammed by this pitch. 

This next card I like to call, " the aftermath "

# 16. Brett Butler, 1900 Upper Deck # 119

I love how both Butler and Roberto Alomar are looking towards first base to see if the double play is completed.  You wouldn't even know that Butler slid into 2nd without seeing Alomar flat on his stomach after throwing the ball.   Great picture of the aftermath of a double play breakup.

Hope you thought that these were cool as well.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment: