Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2012 Trade post # 22: My Hockey Card Obsession

Good Tuesday evening to you all, hope that your week is going well so far.

How many of you hockey fans out there watched the Tradecentre program yesterday on the NHL network and came away disappointed?  I actually had the day off due to a doctors appointment, so I watched, and waited, and nothing really decent happened until after 3 pm.  Even then the trade, while significant, still left me wanting more.

Well thank goodness the mail came yesterday, and the one envelope I did receive contained one of the quickest and simplest trades I've completed as a blogger.

I saw a card on the blog My Hockey Card Obsession.  Brett, who runs a great blog, was lamenting a trade for a Dino Ciccarelli card that fit his 1 vs 100 project.  Brett mentioned that the card was in his trade box because the person who had sent him the card originally did not bother to mention that it was creased. I sent Brett a list of cards I had for trade, and a trade was born.   1 for 1, quick and painless.

This is a 2007-08 SP Game Used card of Hall of Famer Dino Ciccarelli, numbered 15/22.

Even though Brett had mentioned on the post that the card was creased, when I inquired about the card, Brett made doubly sure that I knew about the creases in the card.  Fantastic stuff there. 

Brett, thank you for a quick and great trade, hope we can do it again some time in the future.

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment