Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I went to a card draft and a party broke out

Good Tuesday evening to you all, I hope that your week is moving along at a brisk pace.

In order to get to the Rose Bowl, Cam over at Cardboard Heaven invited a bunch of people over for a card draft. 

Well, little did I expect I was in for one helluva party!!

First, Cam informed us that the dress code was casual, so I had to decide between a couple of my favorite jerseys:



























When I got there, the party was already in high gear!  Jose Reyes had arrived, and he decided that he wanted the party to get racy so it could get this rating:







































Well, the fun was getting started, and clothes were flying when a bunch of kids walked in and we had to stop:

































Well, those of us who were over the age of 21 (which I'm not sure if our host is or not), decided to hit the liquor cabinet.

































When, you know what happens when you get a bunch of bloggers together and liquor is involved, things just get out of control and go "insane"







































Finally, a rumor started that this guy was going to arrive soon and sign some autographs:








































Turns out that wasn't the case, but instead this guy showed up.   Great for a Jays fan like me :)









































I'm already looking forward to next years draft!!  Cam, I'm sorry about the potted plant, it was the only pot available at the time  :(

All fun aside, Cam, thank you for the opportunity to "draft" some cards from your collection.  I hope you had a great time at the game!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

4 comments:

  1. Did you get your cards already? Last I knew, he was still doing the bonus round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you did there sir.

    Well-done.

    Very well-done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post reminded me of this exchange in Anchorman:

    Brick Tamland: Excuse me, Veronica?
    Veronica Corningstone: Yes? What is it, Brick?
    Brick Tamland: I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.
    Veronica Corningstone: Excuse me?
    Brick Tamland: [struggling] The... party. With the... with the pants. Party with pants?
    Veronica Corningstone: Brick, are you saying that there's a party in your pants and that I'm invited?
    Brick Tamland: That's it.
    Veronica Corningstone: Did Brian tell you to say this, Brick?
    Brick Tamland: No. Yes. He did.
    Veronica Corningstone: Okay. No. I don't want to go to a party in your pants.
    Brick Tamland: Very well. Ian, would you like to go to a party in my pants?
    Ian: No, Brick.
    Brick Tamland: All right. Let's go.

    That's pure magic right there.

    ReplyDelete