Friday, January 27, 2012

Cool cards # 13 & # 14: The broken bat edition

Good Friday to you all, hope that you're looking forward to a great weekend!

A little overdue on the cool cards post, but here's two more cards, both featuring broken bats in the pics for your viewing pleasure:


# 13:  Kyle Phillips, 2010 Upper Deck # 32.


I don't even remember Kyle in a Jays uniform in 2009, likely because he only had 18 ABs with the big club.  Hard to believe that a player drafted in 2002 doesn't get a RC for 8 years, especially with all the Bowman products coming out featuring anybody who was next to nobody back then.  I'll have to check and see if this was actually his RC.

This next card I found quite interesting:

Card # 14:  Roger Clemens, 2007 Upper Deck First Edition # 223


Of course many of you like me are thinking "did anyone get the chance to throw the bat back at Roger??"

I've watched baseball for the past 35 years, and Clemens throwing that bat back at Piazza still ranks as the most classless moves I have ever seen.

Hope you enjoyed these cards, and if yo u have any cards that you think are cool that you'd like me to feature, drop me a line at rmitchell6700 at yahoo dot com

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment