Sunday, December 25, 2011

Week 22 begins on Christmas weekend with some loose ends

Merry Christmas to you all!!  For those who do not celebrate Christmas, I hope that you are enjoying your respective holiday season. 

For me, it has been a good holiday so far.   I posted the other day about my stocking stuffer, a 7 pack group of 2009 OPC baseball.  The Mrs. also gave me a hobby box of 2009 OPC as well, along with a 100 count box of card pages.  It was also a Maple Leaf themed Christmas as well for me, as I received 2 types of mugs adorned with Maple Leaf logos, as well as a long-sleeved T shirt with the Leafs logo as well. 

Speaking of the Maple Leafs, they enter the Christmas break 6th in the Eastern Conference, which is a welcome sight from this chair.  Phil Kessel is right there among the league leaders in goals with 20, and a breakout season from his linemate Joffrey Lupul has Leafs fans thinking playoffs for the first time in 8 years.  I would love to see the Leafs make the playoffsa, for me it would validate the work that GM Brian Burke has done during his tenure in cleaning house.  Only Time will Tell...

There has been some great news coming from the baseball world in December...kind of reminds me of hockey in July with all the great names moving to new homes.  For Blue Jays fans, the Yu Darvish sweepstakes was about the only news generated so far during this offseason.  I still cannot believe that the Rangers ponied up $51.7 million just to negotiate with the guy.  I understand however that they get the money back if they don't work out a contract, but the fact that this amount of money is even being thrown around is absurd. 

The NBA starts today...is there anyone out there going to watch?? 

The NFL is headed to the playoffs in two weeks with a lot of teams with a good chance at the Lombardi trophy, one of those teams being my Steelers.  By the way, bless the players on the Packers and Bears for being away from their families this day and providing us entertainment in what should be a fantastic game this evening.

In the blogging world, Jaybarkerfans Junk is holding a contest to determine the "Blogger of the year".  I nomintaed Chuck over at the Lifetime Topps Project Blog, because I like what he's doing on his blog, the detailed looks at each year with an expected leaning towards his favorite team, the Cincinnati Reds.

I apologize for the long windedness and lack of card scans, but when I'm on the road, my resources aren't as wide as they are in my own little corner of the universe at home.

As always, thank you for reading, and be safe over the holiday...Robert

2 comments:

  1. Could find your email address to ask you this question. Are you interested in trading for a 2011 Topps Diamond Die Cut of Jose Bautista? I'm looking for a Diamond Die Cut of a player I like in return.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete