Thursday, December 1, 2011

Some new cardboard heroes arrived this week

Good Thursday to you all, hope that your week is going well!!  My daily pilgrimage to the dining room table to find out what arrived for me in the mail proved most beneficial.  Not only did I score another cheap lot of gold parallels for the insanity set, I received a priority mail box from Potch over at the Cardboard Heroes Blog.

I had totally forgotten that I had won a contest of his recently, and the winnings arrived safe and sound to my house on Wednesday.  With a few surprises to boot.

First off, the 2008 UD Masterpieces partial set that I had requested.  These are great cards, I love the texture on the front of the card.



Next up, a couple of Gypsy Queen Minis.  I requested these even though I don't normally enjoy the mini cards.  The 2 cards are of Blue Jays of course, so I asked for those 2 and let Potch know that someone else could have the rest of the lot.






What would a lot of cards sent to me be without some Jays included??






Next up, some In The Game cards that were distributed at last year's National.  Trust me, I'm ready to get my butt to the National this year (Baltimore, MD for those who don't know).




Warp speed MR. SULU!!!







The sooner we get to these  her, the better...






Finally, Potch knows one of my favorite sets I'm working on right now....1977 Topps, so he whittled down my want list a bit....





Love seeing these old cards, especially those with guys who have nicknames like "Scrap Iron" and "Sarge".


Potch, thank you very much for the contest, and as well for the great cards you sent my way...they are really appreciated!!!!

oh, speaking of contests....you have until tomorrow at midnight to enter mine....see here for the details.

Thanks for reading, and happy December to you all...Robert

3 comments:

  1. I loved Garth Iorg. I still wear #16 in his honour. Anyone who could bat while looking through his own armpit was all right with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garth was something else...had a good glove in the field as I recall as well. The Jays definitely did 3rd base in the 80's a lot different than most teams with the platoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once saw Patrick Roy in the Denver Golfsmith. He was WAY shorter than I would have guessed. I was still in high school at the time, so I was too afraid to go talk to him. He's definitely a VIP in my book.

    ReplyDelete