Saturday, December 17, 2011

Proud to be an American

Good Saturday evening to you all, hope that your weekend is going well so far. 

As you've heard me mention countless times before, I've been blessed with the amount of generosity the blogosphere has displayed in the 4+ months I've been blogging.  In addition, I've also discovered a vast quantity, and quality, of cards that I've missed over the past several years due to buying the occasional retail packs here and there.

One of the insert sets that I've really taken a shine to is the United States of America insert set from 2008 Allen & Ginter.  I've been fortunate to receive 3 of them that contain Blue Jays players so far, and though I normally do not collect insert sets, this is a set that I will put together for sure.






























For me, these cards present an opportunity to learn a little bit more about the USA.  Of course, everyone knows the US flag, but I've only seen a handful of the individual state flags, and seeing these cards gave me an extra reason to pursue this insert set.

I always relish the opportunity to learn something about our country because I was not born here.  I have, however, been a citizen of the US for a little over 5 years now, and would not trade that for the world. 

Needless to say there are other sets that I will also try to collect over time, but with the plethora of sets I have going now, the likelihood that they will be started anytime soon is nil. 

I will add this set to the want list over the next day or two, hopefully someone has some extras floating around that they would be willing to trade...

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment