Saturday, October 8, 2011

A trade post...with a twist

Saturday evening in my house means one of two things....if the Leafs are playing a big game, I'm watching while my wife tends to her crafts.  If it's a night off for the Leafs, or in the summertime, we usually end up watching our shows that we have recorded on our DVR.  Well, we're doing the latter so far this evening while I record the Leafs game, so while she's taking a break for a few minutes, I decided to get this trade post in that I had promised yesterday. 

I recently completed a trade with Richard over at Dawgbones, a Phillies Phan!  I was able to send Richard some cards off of his wantlists, including a Shane Victorino jersey card from this years Topps release.  In return, Richard knocked off quite a bit of my wantlist for 2010 Topps update, and a card or two off of some other sets.  In addition, I received these....


Some great Braves stuff





Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......I scratched my head for a moment or two, and wondered why I received all the Braves cards, along with a note saying he was sorry about the preseason (I loved the note though, combination of thoughtful and a playful jab maybe??!!)  But I still wondered why I received the Braves cards.   Then it dawned on me, if Richard is like any other blogger out there, he's probably got a few trades on the go, and maybe mixed these in by mistake.  So, I sent Richard an email, and he said he just made a mistake.  He has me down as a Blue Jays fan on his blogodex, so I know he's been paying attention!!

What also happened here...I'm becoming hooked on the Upper Deck X cards.  I received some as well from the Daily Dimwit's Artifacts group break a few weeks back, and after seeing the Braves cards, I may be leaning towards maybe trying to complete this set too. 

Richard, anyhow...thank you for the trade, the cards are indeed appreciated!!  I'm sure that I'll be able to pull some more Phillies stuff for you in the future.  Of course, no worries about the Braves cards as well, I'm sure someone out there may find them a good home!!

Thank you for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked them Robert. Let me know if you decide on the X cards, I've got a few in my trade box.

    ReplyDelete