Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Post # 100: The 5 aspects of blogging about cards that I enjoy the most.

Yes, I know what you all are saying out there.  This guy is at 100 posts already?  Didn't he just start a couple of months ago?  Man, it must be one of two reasons he's at 100 already:

  • He trades a lot and prattles on endlessly about mindless stuff....(er, well...)
  • He just doesn't know when to shut up....(BINGO!!)
Well I'm sorry, but for me this first 10 1/2 weeks has been a lot of fun so far.   I've come across quite a few excellent blogs, and met the creators of them (at least via email by the way).  I've also gained a lot of knowledge from reading blogs, emailing back and forth with collectors, and finding websites that others have posted on their blogs that have helped me create checklists and gain knowledge about certain sets/cards. 

Over the next 5 days, I'm going to talk about blogs, and 5 aspects or characteristics that I've enjoyed the most so far.  Today's is simple, the blog name itself.


Blog names are great.  They are an expression of the blog creators personality.  There are several categories of blog names that I have discovered:

  1. Team based.  Blogs such as Indians baseball cards, Royals and Randoms and Cards on Cards are some examples of this.  Naturally an easy one to describe.
  2. Hobby based.  Now, there are a lot that would fall into this category.  Blogs such as Waxaholic, Cheap card collecting, and the Lost Collector are examples of hobby based names.
  3. Collection based.  Lifetime Topps Project, Manupatches and Chrome Scratches, and Vintage Sportscards fit this category.
  4. Food based.  Nachos Grande and Nomo's Sushi Platter fit this one (remember not to eat food while sorting cards by the way).
  5. Totally off the wall (or personality based).  The Daily Dimwit, Plaschke, thy Sweater is Argyle, and the Adventures of Napkin Doon I feel fit this category.
  6. Pack based: A Pack to be Named Later, Crinkly Wrappers and  Two Packs a Day are some examples of this. 
  7. Legends.  There are three blogs in this category, but I feel that naming them might give the bloggers a swelled ego, so I'll decline (lol).
What do all these have in common?  The people behind the blog are collectors, no different than you or me.  They may collect the shiny, the vintage, the beat up, the set, the jersey or auto, the mini, you name it.  Their love of cardboard and all things related come out in their blog titles, their blog posts, and their trades.  They may post daily, 4-5 times a week, once a week or once a month, and it's all good. 

Over the next 4 days, I will write a post on the other 4 aspects that I enjoy about blogs, and I hope you'll read and share any comments you may have. 

Oh, and enjoy your cake on the way out.



Have a great Tuesday, and thank you all for reading, Robert  (31 days)

4 comments:

  1. Totally off the wall? Yeah, that hit's mine right on the head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only now realized I wasn't following you already. That's been fixed.

    Congrats on the 100th post.

    I'm looking forward to the other 4 aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, thanks for following and thank you for the congrats as well.

    Ted, it's always about the cake at my house ..lol

    ReplyDelete