Saturday, October 15, 2011

The 5 aspects of blogging that I enjoy, part 5

Good Saturday to all, hope that your weekend is off to a fine start.  This is the 5th and final post in my little mini series, and today's post is about blogger creativity.

There are some creative ideas in the blog world.  I'm not just talking blog design here, I'm talking collections as well.  Bloggers put a lot of thought into what they do, and what they collect.  Here are a couple of my favorites:

  • 1 vs 100:  I love this idea.  Bamlinden over at My Hockey Card Obsession is putting together a set of jersey/auto cards numbered from 1 to 100.   Meaning, he has a card #'d to 1, a card #'d to 2, and so on.  He is still looking for a few, so if you have any of the numbers he is looking for (the link is provided above), drop him a line.
  • The Mustache set:  How can a guy not like a set based on a masculine characteristic?  Eric over at Manupatches & Mustaches (yes, he's changed the name of his blog, at least for a little while) is putting together a Franken Set of cards featuring prominent mustaches.  The scary part for me is...it's numbered up to 700!  Eric needs 42 more, so if you have any of the numbers he needs, drop him a line.
Those are a couple of the cool ideas, now on to the names.   There are some very creative names out there for blogs, here are some of my favorites.

  • Potch Wheeler and the Cardboard Heroes.  Love it.  Darren who runs this blog has changed the name, but it appears he is returning to his roots, and a good choice it is.  
  • The Daily Dimwit.  Truly an oxymoron here (get the play on words?  dimwit, oxymoron....yea yea I know, epic fail)  Sam over here runs a great blog, and truly the word dimwit does not apply here.
  • Plaschke, Thy Sweater Is Argyle.  How Greg ever came up with this blog title, I will never know.  Greg is a very active collector and has truly great collections going, so check his blog out.
What impresses me the most however, is the writing.  There are two blogs that have really inspired me with their writing.

  • Greg over at the Night Owl Blog is probably the best writer I have come across in the time that I have been reading/writing.  The one thing that comes out in each post is his love for the cards.  If you are not already following Greg, make it part of your to do list.
  • Brian over at Play at the Plate is another writer that I enjoy.  Not only does he has a love for all things card related (especially his Texas Rangers), but he has written several posts that have reminded me that there is life beyond cards, something that is always good to remember.
 I hope you all have enjoyed my attempt at being a writer over the past 5 days.  Now, it's time to get back to the cards.

Thank you for reading, Robert    (27 days)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug and I love the idea of a serial numbered franken set. Also, I can't remember who it is, but someone is putting together a set based upon player's W.A.R. You are absolutely correct that there are some highly creative people out there and you are definitely one of them. Great group of posts these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like cards. Glad you noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the plug! Oh, and blog name origins:

    http://plaschkethysweaterisargyle.blogspot.com/2009/08/poppin-proverbial-cherry.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed all 5 of these posts. I'm honored to be put into a category with Night Owl. He is one of the very best. So many bloggers with so much to say...it's a great community and I'm glad to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete