Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Working, reading, waiting

Good morning all, hope that your week is going well so far.  I apologize for the lack of posts the past couple of days, have felt more compelled to start getting more organized as far as my collections go.  You'll notice at the top I have split up the trade lists for baseball into two tabs, one for base set cards and the other for inserts/parallels.  I figured I would do this so that those people that are hunting for specific cards would have an easier time finding them (hopefully). 

I also received my contest winning from Larry over at the Sewingmachine Guy blog and thought I would show it off really quick...a '79 Topps Eddie Murray graded card....PSA 8...not bad at all!  Thank you again Larry.

Contest winnings





















I've done a lot of reading of blogs over the weekend as well, still playing catch up on some of the older posts of blogs that I enjoy, and still discovering more blogs that I hadn't seen previously. 

I'm also waiting for my first purchase from Dave & Adam's cardworld to arrive today, my '09 OPC hobby box is scheduled to arrive via UPS.  I fell in love with these cards when I received my portion of the group break from Sam over at the Daily Dimwit blog, and decided to try and put the set together.  This also ties in with the vote I held at the beginning of the month asking readers what they wanted me to purchase.   "Other" won out, and so I decided to purchase something different.   Now there were some good suggestions from readers, the Obak set in particular intrigued me but I didn't know enough about the cards to warrant a purchase of an entire box. 

I also made a friendly wager with Brian over at the Waxaholic blog, so my readers are going to have to look forward to these 6 dates;  October 6th, October 22nd, January 21st, February 11th, March 3rd, April 7th.  These are the days that my beloved Maple Leafs play their long time rival the Montreal Canadiens.  For those of you not into hockey, think rivalry along the lines of Yankees-Red Sox, Celtics-Lakers, Packers-Bears, and you'll get the idea.  These posts will be fun to do, and hopefully my Leafs will come out on the better end of the scores on those evenings. 

Finally, I have decided to remove one of the sports from my crazy amount of sports cards.  Yes, football is being kicked to the curb (pun intended).  Hopefully these cards will be able to find a good home.  I do have a handful of jersey cards, along with some OK RC's that I'll post on here.  If anyone out there is looking to add to their team collection, just let me know and I'll work with you on getting cards sent your way. 

As always, thanks for reading....Robert

1 comment:

  1. I'm 4 cards short of the '09 OPC set. If you find some dupes of #110, #274, #413 or #418, think of me.

    ReplyDelete