Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 4 comes to an end...I've lost track of my mind, Friday visit to card store, and LTP Blue Jays is well on its way

Friday!!  Couldn't have come at a better time.  To say I've lost track of mind (financially) is an understatement.  I mailed out 5 envelopes on Monday, have at least 3 more to mail out tomorrow, involved in two other group breaks...I failed to keep up with my running total this week.  Needless to say I've blown my budget.  Of course, sticking to the $30/week was the original plan, however I never really anticipated the success that I've had over the past 4 weeks meeting and trading with other bloggers, and generally having fun ripping packs again.

I've kind of made Fridays my day to hit the card store that is reasonably close to where I work (a great excuse to get out of the office in the middle of the day).  Today, all I decided to buy was a couple of packs of '11 Heritage.  I've always enjoyed the Heritage brand, and this year is no different.  My luck this week was similar to last weeks, the 2 packs that I bought contained the following cards:
NL West pitchers (at least at one time)
A pair of Green bordered Chrome Refractors...C94 Ubaldo Jimenez and C18 Jonathan Sanchez.  Both are up for trade if any is trying to complete that set, or add to their team collections. I should be putting up my want list for this year's Heritage set in the next couple of days, so keep an eye out for that as well.

Speaking of team collections, my LTP Blue Jays will easily pass over the original goal of 250 I set for the end of the calendar year (I'm still not done cataloging the group I received this week).  I'm at 241 now, and have approximately another 75 cards to add to the have list.  Another thank you to those who have hooked me up recently.

Thanks for reading....Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment